Floors in extension have dropped, cracks in door frame

A normal builder is going to come in, do his job as best he can and as quick as is possible (esp. on fixed contracts). Wet timber and plastering will contribute to shrinkage reflected in hairline or greater cracks.

It's good to see your builder has come back and had a look and told you what he thinks. I, being a complete unbeliever would get an independent opinion. That way you can be reassured that all is within normal movement figures. £150 is not bad for piece of mind and hopefully a report that you can wave at your builder.

I had a roofer (before I knew about roofing) do some tiling on a loft conversion. Told me all was done and could he paid. He said everything was fine... So I went off, dragged a hose and tested his work (inside had not been plaster boarded). I then told him to make the roof actually water tight before I paid him !! Some people will tell you what you want to hear.

Paul.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back