Flow Potentiometer on a Triton Power Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have got a 3 year old Triton Thermostatic Power Shower. I think it is the one from Screwfix (Fitted by previous owner) It has had a fault over the past year where the flow control is not working properly.
It goes from a trickle to full flow but to keep the flow how we like it we have had to gradually increase the setting. Now it is at the point when we really need to do something. We now get little flow until you turn it up to nearly maximum where it suddenly blasts you!
I have had a look and there is a small potentiometer that seems to have failed. It goes from zero resistance to infinite resistance in no distance.
These potentiometers should cost a couple of quid from Maplin but Triton in their wisdom only supply a complete front panel including this potentiometer for nearly £40!
Quite ridiculous! It comes off with two screws and certainly should not be a complete panel replacement.

My question is, Does anyone know the specs of this potentiometer in terms of resistance and wattage so I can find a cheap replacement. or does anyone know where you can buy just the potentiometer?

Any Ideas before I spend nearly £40 on a £1.50 part!

Thank you

Mark

Sponsored Links
seco services";p="1805260 said:
I have got a 3 year old Triton Thermostatic Power Shower. I think it is the one from Screwfix

what model or post a pic or a link.[/quote

Sorry should have done this sooner. Here is a pic of the whole shower and the Potentiometer.
Potentiometer has 470ka written on the back and CITEC on the side. The shaft is approx 6 mm diameter and 10mm long. Hope it helps?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
OK.
Finally ordered a potentiometer from RS components.
This one:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=387-789

Needed some melting to get the new round body to fit in the square housing but all snug if a little messy!

all working fine for the princely sum of £1.33 (Plus delivery of over £5! )

Much better than the original price and would have been even cheaper if i could collect from RS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back