Flow/Pressure reduction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from this thread

they are a combined ball-0-fix valve and regulator, they only allow the correct flow rate to pass and so prevent the splash back effect without the noise that closing normal ball-o-fix valve cause

I have the same as the OP in that thread. Water flow insanely good, don't want to reduce the stop cock because I want that great flow for my boiler and in turn shower!

So want point-of-use regulators. The way my pipework is, I wouldn't be able to 'fit' those C&P ones because the hot and cold are about 1cm apart so the body's of these valves just wouldn't fit side by side, as my currently iso valves are. I was hoping for a simple swap and not altering the pipework!

So I've seen these ones (http://www.robertpearson.co.uk/products/water-flow-regulators/ - the 15mm RP/ISO model), which seem to be normal iso valves with an insert, so the valve itself is still fully open. I assume along the lines of an aerator in the tap.

Do they work in similar way to the cartridge based ones, or are they in effect what @mrgas says about "reducing the flow by restriction you are likely to get increased noise from the pipework"

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back