Isolation valve flow restrictor inserts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used these to reduce the flow? Are they any good? I have really good flow, literally too good. But don't want to throttle at the stop cock because I want all that good flow for the shower.

So was thinking of putting these on the bathroom and kitchen tap isolation points. If I try and restrict down the iso valves the force of water makes them unbearably noisy.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just partially close the valves that should already be on the taps?

The ones you are liking to are very specific and the water flow to be very closely controlled.

Yeah that's what I tried already but as mentioned the noise through the valve is really bad. I'll try and record it!

Sponsored Links
the noise through the valve is really bad
Missed that bit, that's usually down to the fact that it's standard narrow ISO valves, not as bad with full bore but if you're going to the trouble of replacing then flow reducers will be fine. Some come with a variety of reducers that allow the flow to be adjusted by changing the insert.

Have you considered a pressure reducing valve?
I'm absolutely open to options. However in some locations the pipes (and so values) are close together so some of the bigger body options will be tricky, if not impossible without reworking the pipework.

Those insert options can be retro'd into the existing iso valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back