Flow rate for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be installing an electric shower.
There is no shower there at the moment.
I know I won't be doing any of the electrics, just plumbing in the shower.
I want to put a 10.5kw in, the showers of 10.5kw seem to need 1.5 bar water pressure and 11 litres a minute water flow rate.
The bath has mains cold feed of 15mm pipe and out of the bath tap I get approx 20 litres a minute flow. The water pressure at the washing machine connection by the mains stop cock is 3.5 bar.
It is only a one bedroom house with one person living there so very unlikely the mains cold will be switched on somewhere else while the shower is running.
So my question is before I tee off the bath cold for electric shower do you think the flow rate will still remain above 11 litres a minute to the shower?
Can anyone recommend a reasonable prices electric 10.5kw shower with a good flow rate?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your water supply will be fine. The Mira Sport Max 10.8kW with Airboost is excellent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back