Flow return pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I am have just bought a new boiler. Valliant ecotec plus 824. It was very expensive. I have a one bed flat. Open plan kitchen/ living room about 6m x 5m. Bedroom 3.5m square and separate bathroom and stairs leading to my flat. I have added a liitle internal insulation to the solid brick work Walls and had loft insulated. I am pretty sure the boiler is ok for the size of flat. The boiler position has moved now about 8m pipe run from gas meter. My plan is to upgrade the pipe to 22mm to the boiler it tees off before the boiler to supply gas hob before it gets to the boiler. Is this right? Even though the supply to the boiler is 15mm. Reduce to 15mm 1m from boiler. Secondly the existing flow return pipe work is 15mm. The boiler has 22mm conection for both pipes. Will this need upgrading or can I get away with existing or when can I reduce back to 15mm from boiler. Thanks in advance. Taylor.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to disappoint you, but I suspect that no Registered Gas Installers reading your query will be prepared to offer any advice about pipe sizing or installation of a Gas appliance.

My advice to you is to get a 'recommended by someone who's judgement you trust' Gas Installer to visit and get a fixed price quote for the necessary work. He can then register the appliance as required by Building Regulations and warranty requirements for you.

DH

PS, the boiler you have bought is not a bargain basement make/model. The heating output will be more than adequate for you property. As to whether you have adequate water pressure to activate the hot-water side is another matter.....

Yes, that's the difficulty I am encountering. Boilers seem such a mystery with the professionals. a professional secret. I have had two plumbers around both saying different things. Just thought if I could arm myself with some knowledge about what needs to be done I would be in a better position to get a good quote and a plumber who knows his beans and the best job. At the moment I am just sticking my finger in the air and hoping. Shame it's unlikely to get any advice. Cheers Taylor

Sponsored Links
The questions you are asking are not difficult. Why not post the two answers you were given by the 2 pro's that have already turned up?

You won't get any help with regards the gas pipe though.

And I suspect part of the reason for the pant's answers from your pro's are because you have already bought the boiler.

Smacks of cheapskate/"back of lorry"/PITA. Sorry - it is just the way it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back