Flow switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just seeing if anybody has any experience with installing flow switches and could recommend one. I am planning on installing a flow switch on the cold feed to a shower (15mm), to bring an inline 4 inch fan on. The wattage of the fan should be no more than 50w. Having had a little look at some on line they appear to be pre wired with single insulated cores and I intend on using 230v switching. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
Cheers I really appreciate the help. It looks perfect, the one on the link is for 22mm pipe so just need to check they do it in 15 mm. Thanks again

Or just get a couple of 15mm to 22mm adaptors on your pipework. :)

I beleive Ban-all-sheds has one on his shower supply for the same reason as you intend. Maybe he'll be able to tell you where it came from if you hang on a bit.

Sponsored Links
I have one on mine. I got it on eBay ,and it was actually a replacement flow switch for combi boilers HW sense, but had 240v contacts and DI flex.

I beleive Ban-all-sheds has one on his shower supply for the same reason as you intend. Maybe he'll be able to tell you where it came from if you hang on a bit.
No - I've got a contactor triggered by the shower supply, switching the lighting circuit supply for the fan.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=123601#123601

For an electric shower, a flow-switch in the supply would be a neater way to do it. Going 15 - 22 - 15mm shouldn't be a problem - less likely to find that the flow switch is an obstruction?

If I were doing it again, and wanted to carry on using a switch for the shower and fan, I think I'd use a contactor for the shower supply so that I didn't have to have a galumphing great 45/50A switch. Maybe even use one of those proximity switches behind a tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back