Flow too high for combi boiler?

Thanks to everyone who replied, I've managed to sort the issue :D

It turns out I've been given false info from Aqualisa. They said it was just a black box in the loft which can't be adjusted.

On closer inspection, I removed the cover and there are settings dependant on boiler type (normal, eco, combi etc). It was set on normal. Once I changed this to combi, it now works perfectly!!, Temperature equalises after 30 seconds or so, and stays constant.

There was also a temperature dial to increase/reduce temperature aswell, but this wasn't necessary.

So much for non adjustable..anyway thanks to all who helped, no money spent, job done ;)

Sponsored Links
I stick to gas boilers and dont deal with showers but that sounds interesting.

Can you post a picture of the inside of that unit?

Or if not can you give the model number?

Tony

Install instructions at bottom of 1st page Tony. You may find more if you search about.

Sponsored Links
I looked through the installation instructions from the link which you provided but did not see anything about a selection switch for the water source like the OP has described.

If its there can you advise which page?

Tony

Not mentioned in those instructions. Possibly on some other stuff that comes with the shower?
Never used Aqualisa for years, don't like their plastic "build quality"

The switches are mentioned here

http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/upload/LITERATURE DOWNLOADS/Specifications_AXDC1F-2F.pdf[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the document I saw, got me thinking, so I checked in the unit and it was set incorrectly.

basically its like a small shoe box size in the loft (or similar) theres 1 screw to open the lid and inside are some circuitry and 2 small dials that can be adjusted with a flat head screwdriver. One has settings - normal, eco, combi and something else I can't remember. The other has temp from 35 - 55 degrees. Was set at around 43, so I left it.

It was on normal before and the flow was constant and high, but never got hot enough. The lights on the control panel in the shower were constantly flashing, indicating it wasn't up to temperature.

Now its on combi, the flow rate is slightly lower, and the lights stay on, indicating correct and steady temp.

Must have been installed incorrectly by previous owners. I'm happy now anyway, and so is the wife...

Hope this helps,

Thats very useful to know.

WHY OH WHY dont the makers put that essential information in their installation instructions? Whats the reason Aqualiser?

Few of the customers that I go to want to buy showers costing over £700 !

Tony

Thats very useful to know.

WHY OH WHY dont the makers put that essential information in their installation instructions? Whats the reason Aqualiser?

Few of the customers that I go to want to buy showers costing over £700 !

Tony

Why oh why did aqualisa support line not mention it either!!

I phoned them twice, 1st bloke said the boiler was under powered for the shower, the 2nd said the controller in the loft could be faulty and for £250 they would replace it for me...

I specifically asked if it was adjustable and they said no..shocking really for an expensive shower!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back