Fluctuating boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been having a problem with my Vaillant Ecotec plus combi boiler for a while. The pressure in the system is normal to 0.8 bars, i put the heating on, the temperature in the radiators at 50 C, then, in 30 min, the pressure goes up above 3 bars and the pressure relief valve goes off. once the radiators cool down, the pressure in the system is about 0.2-0.3 bars, and the boiler gives me the (not the finger) F22 fault. i put pressure back up and the circle starts again. I found that if I leave the radiators at 43-44 C and pressure at 0.5 is works, but the house is not heating up above 18 C.
What can I do? would an expansion vessel do the trick?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes the expansion vessel reqs pumping up/checking pipe not blocked and PRV replacing but at a guess as you've not given exact model the vessel is inside the room sealed case and you should seek the advice of an RGI to sort.

Edit.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back