boiler glow-warm 24ci pressure fluctuating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glow-worm boiler pressure keep fluctuating only when the central heating is on. Every time I refill it to 1 bar it goes from 1 bar to almost 4.0 bar. The when the central heating switches off, it goes to 0 bar after a while.

There are no leaks. The radiators have just been bled. The expansion vessel has a pressure of 1 bar.

My suspicion is the that the expansion vessel needs to be replaced.????

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Does any one have a solution? I would be very grateful.
Many thanks,
JohnnyDee

Sponsored Links
Could be a blockage in the, I think it's, braided pipe connecting the exp ves to the system. drain boiler of water/pressure, also release the air from vessel before disconnecting.

Sponsored Links
They block up for fun (didnt think of that twgas) as much as the Europa range. The europa's are much easier to repair though.

Been caught out by not releasing the E/V air pressure!

Paul.

Been caught out by not releasing the E/V air pressure!
:LOL:
I got caught out the other day, luckily it only soaked the WC and tiled floor, none on electrics or me - well nothing to write home about. :)

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have done everything that was recommended, and my bolier is now fully functioning.

Many thanks once again,
JohnnyDee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back