flush cone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a leak, from where the flush cone lives. Being a girl, and not very good at plumbing, I called a 'plumber' out...which cost me £40.00

He quoted me an -adittional- £78.00 to change the flush cone, then left, with the promise I would call him back to arrange a convenient time to financially r*pe me!!!!

So, investigating further, I removed the flush pipe myself, and realised that the flush cone is merely a stopper, and thats -it-...

So I'm reckoning they are about a fiver to buy from any plumbers merchants, the problem being, is there anything I need to do other than put it where the old one was and shove the pipe back on?? Thus saving myself 78 quid???

Sponsored Links
It's certainly worth a try. Make sure you remove limescale and anything else that is not supposed to be there and could possibly cause the connection to leak.
£118 sounds a bit over the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back