Flush pipe cone weeping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have been having a nightmare with a leaking toilet. Searched on here but cannot find my exact issue. Fixed them all except one where the flush pipe goes in to the back of the pan. It's a concealed cistern and was leaking from both ends. Fixed the cistern end and changed to flush cone in the pan end for new black rubber cone. Now doesn't leak but after a number of flushes it weeps at the bottom. Flush pipe looks central and level.

Seems the pan is a stupid design as the water has to go up hill in the cast part of the pan.
The weep is coming from the bottom of where the flush cone meets the pan. After about 5 flushes a very small amount of water appearsbut doesn't tirn in to a drip. Could i pack around the flush cone with plumbers mait (not the fins) at the back of the pan to stop the weeping or is there a better solution.

Many thanks for any advise.

Attachments

• 20231221_200838.jpg
    20231221_200838.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20231221_201415.jpg
    20231221_201415.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Is the flush pipe a tight fit into the cone , and the cone a tight fit into the pan inlet ?
If yes to both questions,try packing plumbers mait into the fins of the cone ,sufficient to overspill.

Yes the pipe is a tight fit to the cone and the cone is a fairly tight fit to the pan. It is only a slight weep. Could i put plumbers mait around it with it still connected or will that not work? Many thanks.
20231223_173441.jpg

The flushcone appears to be inserted too far into the WC pan.
Applying p.mait into the fins of the cone would be required before insertion of the cone into the pan.
Packing it externally will not be as successful.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. If i pull it out more it leaks badly. Where it is currently only weeps very slightly and not enough to drip. I didn't want to remove again for fear of creating a leak somewhere else as that's what has happened so far. I need it to last a year or so as I want to renovate anyway.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back