Flush identification please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help me identify this flush!
I think that the fluidmaster pro820uk might be the same but black???
thanks..
IMG_6090.JPG

Sponsored Links
Try removing it (bayonet style) and see if any other markings in it.

cant, not at work!!, yes I should have done, but i didn't!, i have seen them around a lot, there is a video on youtube with a million views of someone explaining how to fix the leaking washer on one (these 2 are getting stuck up), i thought my local merchant would know, he usually does!!

weirdly, the fluidmaster one has a strange way it connects, its not a bayonet because you can twist it either way to get it off, it spins 180 deg untill it reaches the point where it pops off, it goes back on with a sort of fudged twisting and pushing action, I had a fiddle at 5;01 in plumbase, much to their annoyance!,.. of course i wish i'd got this one off to see how it connects, but didn't!!

Sponsored Links
found a few "218" hits with better pics and yes its definately that one, annoyingly it comes in 2 sizes, so will have to do an extra trip. thanks again, trying to invent a push button siphonic flush, one that cant leak into WC, non siphonic modern washer reliant flushes are a massive problem!!

non siphonic modern washer reliant flushes are a massive problem

when you say they're a problem, how do you mean? Most drop valves are a really easy twist off, then pop a new washer on and away you go. No problem there. That and £ for £ - flush valves are really really cheap and last such a long time that by the time they do pass it doesn't really owe anyone anything.

Siphons are superior to flush valves as will not ever waste water due to them being higher than water level. (Only exception is a very rare occasion that some had cracked). Old invention was and still is the best. 2 part siphons best type because easy fix.

All flush valves rely on a seal washer to hold the water from passing, - which obviously doesn’t last. The push buttons also break.
Can’t say I like push button toilets, except they do look neater and modern.

Certainly cannot disagree that syphons are and have been as relative today as they were when invented, quite happily to swap a new syphon with a old syphon. Far superior, can't agree there, certainly can be more efficient with water wastage but with the more modern, contemporary cistern shapes, slim fits, corner/cloakroom units etc then the classic syphon simply won't fit, it's really just horses for courses.

Certainly cannot disagree that syphons are and have been as relative today as they were when invented, quite happily to swap a new syphon with a old syphon. Far superior, can't agree there, certainly can be more efficient with water wastage but with the more modern, contemporary cistern shapes, slim fits, corner/cloakroom units etc then the classic syphon simply won't fit, it's really just horses for courses.

Absolutely Madrab, we have to just accept the new toilet flush valves. Just seems such a complication and a waste of plastic. Just replaced a flush valve this afternoon with same brand for easy swap. That’s another piece of plastic for into plastic recycling. :(
Still got my original siphon on my mid 70s toilet working well. :)

if you go right back to the cast iron high level siphonic flushes, there was nothing that could go wrong!! no perishable parts, they are still working 100 years later, all be it with 15 litres of water and a lot of noise!!, ..But having said that, our modern flush (I wish people would stop calling them siphons) needs 2 6 litre flushes to clear a poo!!

when you say they're a problem, how do you mean? Most drop valves are a really easy twist off, then pop a new washer on and away you go. No problem there. That and £ for £ - flush valves are really really cheap and last such a long time that by the time they do pass it doesn't really owe anyone anything.
THEY ARE A MASSIVE PROBLEM, they waste huge amounts of water, they are fallible as they rely on a washer seal that IS gonna perish, they also get stuck in the up position sometimes for days, wasting 1000s of litres of water.... not to mention all the van miles and wasted plastic, customers taking afternoon off etc etc.. and having to remove cistern to replace them if they've stopped making that model, or you cant source it, its a disaster..but i understand why they came about, and yes the old flap in the siphonics was also a big problem, having to remove cistern to change it !! maddening ( horray for the changeable dudly)..

THEY ARE A MASSIVE PROBLEM

Can't agree with you that they're a massive problem ... if they were that large an issue with wasting water etc, then they wouldn't be approved/allowed to be used, especially with the focus on waste and resource use these days.
I'm not suggesting that syphonic valves aren't better and that drop valves do waste water if the valve isn't serviced when it starts to pass but that's down to the user rather than the valve itself, it's just like every other resource that's just wasted these days, it's the consumer not the product that causes the waste.

As plastic is also fully recyclable these days too, then like any other plastic is shouldn't be wasted either at it's EOL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back