Flush pipes

G

GaytonTonner

A concealed cistern on the other side of the wall of the wc. The cupboard the cistern is in, is being demolished to make space. The cistern is going in the loft above. The flush pipe will need extending.

What size is flush pipe? It may be feasible to connect onto the existing flush pipe. What pipe size should I use? 32mm/ 40mm What joints? 32mm/40mm compression?

I see B&Q sell flexible flush pipes. These may be be handy at the wc end and at the cistern end in the loft.

Sponsored Links
you'll find you probably need to fit a restrictor in the flush pipe as well unless you want to soak the bathroom floor on every flush.

you'll find you probably need to fit a restrictor in the flush pipe as well unless you want to soak the bathroom floor on every flush.

I am aware of that. Also a lower litres flush can be used. Any idea on sizes?

lowering the litres won't stop the force it comes down the flush pipe just the length of flush.

high level cisterns are useally 1 1/2"

Sponsored Links

lowering the litres won't stop the force it comes down the flush pipe just the length of flush.

I am aware of that. It does save on water. I recall reading of some eco homes that were fed by 22mm pipe from loft mounted cisterns.

high level cisterns are useally 1 1/2"

thanks

The flush quantity should match the design of the pan.

If the flush quantity is insufficient for the pan, you end up using more water when you find it needs multiple flushes to clear it.

The flush quantity should match the design of the pan.

If the flush quantity is insufficient for the pan, you end up using more water when you find it needs multiple flushes to clear it.

This may be a case of trial and error in setting the flush level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back