Flushing after rad change?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've replaced the bathroom radiator ( with a large towel rail). I was planning to get the system flushed and inhibitor topped up at the annual service. Wondered if the flushing might be more urgent than that?
Would it be ok to leave it for a couple of months?

Sponsored Links
What leads you to believe that your system needs a flush? If the water you drained off was clear and no other circulation problems exist, then it should be OK to carry on. I hope you put some inhibitor back in your system.
Is it a sealed or open vented system? Heat only boiler or combi?

Thanks

Sealed system non-combi

Thought it was good practice to flush after any pipe work or adding new bits. Flushing seems next to Godliness on these forums!

To some powerflushing is a religion and a lot is done unnecessarily. If you have a sealed system that behaves normally, no flushing is needed. Replacing lost inhibitor is important after a rad change. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back