OK to leave Sentinel X800 in system for extended period?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I ham building up to having my boiler changed by taking some old rads off and flushing out all the sludge etc. I have just dosed the system with Sentinel X800 Jetflo and I was wondering how long I can leave this in the system. I realise that it will have done whatever it is going to do in a couple of days but is it OK to leave it in the system for a couple of months which is the earliest that the boiler will be changed? Or should I drain the system in a couplel of days, flush it and add inhibitor?

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link. I have run some searches which suggest that it may take up to 3 days to 'clean' a system that was non-powerflushed.

I guess as there is no maximum time and the spec. sheet suggests that it can protect against corrosion implies I can just leave it in.

Cheers

Mark

Thats odd. When I try to view the link it comes up as file damaged.

Same happens when I look at it directly on the Sentinel site.

But I can view the X200 perfectly OK !

Can anyone suggest why this happens?

I am interested to see it because everything else I have read has suggested the system should be flushed out within a few days.

X400 somehow seems to lose the power to keep dirt in suspension if left much more than about five weeks.

I have no experience of leaving X800 for long.

In the OP's case it would have been better to use X400. Or to delay the addition of the desludger.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I inadvertently left x800 in mine for over a year with no damage as far as i can tell :oops:
I have repiped system and new rads to the house except for 2 rads in attic rooms. (existing rads and system were full of it).
Left the apprentice to move HWC position last year and told him to give it a powerflush then leave x800 in and i would drain it later. Totally forgot until just before xmas when drained system to move rad position and some nice black tea coloured water came out.
Don't think/care if it did any damage but who knows :?:

As for your own system? You make the choice you take the risk ;)

Thanks Guys - probably will drain in a few days then and take the middle ground!

Cheers

Mark

week or so will be fine. Dunno about longer, could be risky.....

Dave the old FERROQUEST x800 is now discontinued,the new stuff has been reforumulated and can be left alot longer these cleaners are now non acidic and polymer based so alot safer to use

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back