Sentinel X800

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any tips on the best way to manually flush with this i.e. just circulate in system and not powerflush?
I have a vintage Thorn Apollo boiler, header tank with a TF1 filter fitted. The filter seems great at pulling in the magnetite, however the water bled from the radiators looks like strong tea! I think this appearance is down to scale and corrosion.
Sentinel are pretty vague on how long the X800 should be left in the system. I know it is not acidic, but some specifics would help!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No more than 4 days in the system.
Make sure you drain the system fully from all areas and flush it through a few times when you have finished

If you circulate it warm round system then two hours is adequate and four hours about all you need.

I like to drain it within 24 hours as I fear it may act like X400 if left longer and start to deposit sludge again.

It is only a chelation agent and its purpose is to get all the dirt into suspension so it can be drained off.

Its quite possible all your system needs is to have the water drained and refilled.

Tony

OP, you want to talk to technical department at Sentinel. X800 goes neutral after about a week. On badly sludges system will need four or 5 days

Ensure thorough post flush

Sponsored Links
Have tried to contact Sentinel - horse's mouth and all that!
No response to contact email via website. And by phone 'how long do you intend to leave if in for? A week or two? Yes that's fine, no will not lose it's properties - bye!' Thanks!

Have tried to contact Sentinel - horse's mouth and all that!
No response to contact email via website. And by phone 'how long do you intend to leave if in for? A week or two? Yes that's fine, no will not lose it's properties - bye!' Thanks!
If you've not yet purchased the sentinel I would advise using CalChem instead,much better product imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back