Fly the flag

The EU would welcome Scotland with open arms.
It is in line with the EUs policy of divide an rule.
Anything that weakens a potential economic rivel to the EU is a win as far as the EU is concerned.
The EU started a civil war in the former Yugoslavia by encouraging secession among the member countries.
They caused a civil war in Ukraine by supporting the ovethrow of a democratically elected goverment.
Their malign influence is now destabilising N. I.
They supported Spains suppression of Catalonia.
Having Scotland in their portfolio of countries would give Ursala orgasms all night.
All of your comment is based on one false supposition:
" the EUs policy of divide an rule."
Once that is proven false the rest of your post falls away as nonsense.

Sponsored Links
There's nothing independent about leaving Britain and joining Europe. That would be an oxymoron.(That might not be the best word but I can't think of a better one, at the moment)
Unless Scotland would have more and better independence in a union with EU, than it does currently in the union with UK.

more and better

brexers have already established that constitutional change does not have to be an improvement, and it can be imposed without anyone knowing or agreeing what it is, even if most people don't want it.

Most of your comment is based on your supposition. I can only see one true fact in the whole of your post. Everything else is based on your opinion of the EU. Remove your opinion of the EU and your arguments crumble.
I can't see it as they would be setting a precedent for Spain/Catalonia breaking up Spain. Which I doubt they would want to do for an existing member state ..
Supposition. EU can easily persuade Spain, if they were about to object.

Also I thought for a country to be admitted it required all 27 nations to be unanimous.
Fact.

I also don't think the Germans and Dutch would allow another free loader they will have to finance and prop up, Scotland just doesn't make enough money to be independent, so will be like Luxembourg or one of the ex soviet states.
Another example of your opinion based on your supposition of the EU.

The EU's finances just can't take anymore of that.
More opinion based on your supposition.

The
are saying the right things to sturgeon, mostly out of spite to the UK.
Now you're being silly. Brexit is done (well according to BJ) EU have moved on. It's about time UK did the same.

They never really wanted the UK in the EU to start with and always treated us differently, mostly because we were never willing to give up full soveringty, we didn't adopt the euro, we used out veto on a number of hair brained schemes. Much the reason the French and Belgian governments have always taken a disliking to us.
Palpable nonsense.

Sponsored Links
I've stated previously, whilst politicians of all parties do it, it really frustrates me when you hear SNP politicians say things like 'the people of Scotland have spoken!' or 'the people of Scotland wanted to remain in the EU! it's not factually correct. Referring to Brexit, yes, 62% of Scots voted remain, however this obviously means 38% voted leave. And from my perspective we were voting as the UK anyway, not separate nations within. So whilst it's a sizeable majority, they weren't then and aren't now speaking for all Scots.
That's how democracy works, majority rules.
A better system would work for all citizens, but as not all citizens know what's best for them, democracy has to rely on popularity.

Most of your comment is based on your supposition. I can only see one true fact in the whole of your post. Everything else is based on your opinion of the EU. Remove your opinion of the EU and your arguments crumble.

Supposition. EU can easily persuade Spain, if they were about to object.

Fact.

Another example of your opinion based on your supposition of the EU.

More opinion based on your supposition.

Now you're being silly. Brexit is done (well according to BJ) EU have moved on. It's about time UK did the same.

Palpable nonsense.

Yes of course, but most if not all of what I wrote has been reported by prefessionals in the world of politics

Last edited:
[Q
It also sounds counter intuitive they want independence, to then hand over control to the EU.

By doing this they won't have any more power than they already do.

The SNP are using brexit to their advantage, and unfortunately there will be a lot of mugs that will fall for it.

However saying that all the Scots I speak to are against independence and have a strong dislike for sturgeon, (my job requires me to talk with a lot of Scots as we deal heavily with Aberdeen and offshore)

Sturgeon uses the same nationalistic populism for self interest as Brexit Leave campaign.

Without the independence argument, Sturgeon and SNP wouldn't be anywhere.

They never really wanted the UK in the EU to start with and always treated us differently, mostly because we were never willing to give up full soveringty, we didn't adopt the euro, we used out veto on a number of hair brained schemes. Much the reason the French and Belgian governments have always taken a disliking to us

You describe the reason for Brexit: people of this country always felt a "them and us" attitude.

What you fail to acknowledge is that the UK was a founding member of the EU and a key architect of the Single Market...the UK has considerable power in the EU and was heavily involved in many of its decisions.

Many EU standards are harmonised from British standards.
UK pushed through harder state aid rules
UK vetoed stopping Xhinese steel dumping
Etc etc

You describe the reason for Brexit: people of this country always felt a "them and us" attitude.

What you fail to acknowledge is that the UK was a founding member of the EU and a key architect of the Single Market...the UK has considerable power in the EU and was heavily involved in many of its decisions.

Many EU standards are harmonised from British standards.
UK pushed through harder state aid rules
UK vetoed stopping Xhinese steel dumping
Etc etc

Didn't the French vehemently obstruct the UK joining the EEC to start with...

Sponsored Links
Back