Fly the flag

Sponsored Links
I also like this readers letter in the Scotsman newspaper

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opini...-allowed-to-rush-us-into-election-3140736?amp

So it turns out Starlin, .. sorry sturgeon has banned other parties from canvassing for the election.

(Disclaimer, I've only read this letter and not actually researched it, if the info is incorrect then I am sorry)

In the meantime she is on the telly daily giving "covid updates", to which their appears to be some disgruntled opposition members who see this as biased reporting and wants the BBC to refuse daily conferences.

I also like this readers letter in the Scotsman newspaper

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opini...-allowed-to-rush-us-into-election-3140736?amp

So it turns out Starlin, .. sorry sturgeon has banned other parties from canvassing for the election.

(Disclaimer, I've only read this letter and not actually researched it, if the info is incorrect then I am sorry)

In the meantime she is on the telly daily giving "covid updates", to which their appears to be some disgruntled opposition members who see this as biased reporting and wants the BBC to refuse daily conferences.

well yes she is in her element using this Chinese virus caper to her own ends

A sensible tactic imho gives the impression that Scotland are doing it better and saying to the people
Look how we are dealing with this crisis the English are doing worse
Etc etc

good move on her part IMO

Precisely, but those Scots lured by the prospect of independence don't seem to have figured this out.
Once out of the United Kingdom, they're on their own.

It also sounds counter intuitive they want independence, to then hand over control to the EU.

By doing this they won't have any more power than they already do.

The SNP are using brexit to their advantage, and unfortunately there will be a lot of mugs that will fall for it.

However saying that all the Scots I speak to are against independence and have a strong dislike for sturgeon, (my job requires me to talk with a lot of Scots as we deal heavily with Aberdeen and offshore)

Sponsored Links
Nicola is a savvy politician as was Salmond

look at us (Scotland)
Less deaths
More vaccinations
Schools opening before England
Bla bla

Think what we could achieve if we were independent etc etc

No they won't, Scotland does not meet the criteria.
The EU would welcome Scotland with open arms.
It is in line with the EUs policy of divide an rule.
Anything that weakens a potential economic rivel to the EU is a win as far as the EU is concerned.
The EU started a civil war in the former Yugoslavia by encouraging secession among the member countries.
They caused a civil war in Ukraine by supporting the ovethrow of a democratically elected goverment.
Their malign influence is now destabilising N. I.
They supported Spains suppression of Catalonia.
Having Scotland in their portfolio of countries would give Ursala orgasms all night.

There's nothing independent about leaving Britain and joining Europe. That would be an oxymoron.(That might not be the best word but I can't think of a better one, at the moment)
But we can't join Europe in any case so that's hypothetical.

Scottish politicians have already

begged the EU

yes actually begged

that Scottish MEP stood up in the European Parliament and said

we beg of you not to forget Scotland

yep a Scot stood up and said we beg of you :LOL:

live on telly as well :LOL:

The EU would welcome Scotland with open arms.
It is in line with the EUs policy of divide an rule.
Anything that weakens a potential economic rivel to the EU is a win as far as the EU is concerned.
The EU started a civil war in the former Yugoslavia by encouraging secession among the member countries.
They caused a civil war in Ukraine by supporting the ovethrow of a democratically elected goverment.
Their malign influence is now destabilising N. I.
They supported Spains suppression of Catalonia.
Having Scotland in their portfolio of countries would give Ursala orgasms all night.

I can't see it as they would be setting a precedent for Spain/Catalonia breaking up Spain. Which I doubt they would want to do for an existing member state ..

Also I thought for a country to be admitted it required all 27 nations to be unanimous.

I also don't think the Germans and Dutch would allow another free loader they will have to finance and prop up, Scotland just doesn't make enough money to be independent, so will be like Luxembourg or one of the ex soviet states.

The EU's finances just can't take anymore of that.

The
are saying the right things to sturgeon, mostly out of spite to the UK.

They never really wanted the UK in the EU to start with and always treated us differently, mostly because we were never willing to give up full soveringty, we didn't adopt the euro, we used out veto on a number of hair brained schemes. Much the reason the French and Belgian governments have always taken a disliking to us.

Last edited:
French and belgys

2 peas in the same pod

both governed by scoundrels

;)

The SNP are using brexit to their advantage, and unfortunately there will be a lot of mugs that will fall for it.
What about the mugs who voted against independence because they fell for the promise that the only way to stay in the EU would be to stay in the UK Union?

England chose to leave one Union, so why shouldn't Scotland leave the other Union?

I thought the past few years have been about self determination :rolleyes:

What about the mugs who voted against independence because they fell for the promise that the only way to stay in the EU would be to stay in the Union?

England chose to leave one union, so why shouldn't Scotland leave another union?

Well the EU also told them they wouldn't be allowed into the club.

It's impossible, Scotland does not meet the criteria.
The EU has welcomed what were essentially 3rd world countries into the fold.
Scotland would have no problem, of course the EU would play hard to get at first so as not to wind up England but gradually the "criteria" would be adjusted to accommodate Scotlands entry.
The EU adjusted ( euphemism for cook the books) the criteria to allow the likes of Greece to join the Eurozone,economic basket cases like Romania, Latvia ect. didn't have much problem joining the EU.
Scotland on the other hand is first world country with a highley educated workforce and a strong economic base.
However i don't think they will go for independence as their economy is too strongly entwined with the rest of the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back