foil backed plaster board

M

marsaday

What do you think i should do in my loft conversion. there will be celotex under the rafter and this will be taped up, so making a decent VB.

To be sure of a good VB i want to either add a polythene sheet under the celotex and add the plaster board OR not use a polythene sheet and use foil backed plaster board.

What would be best. any other comments ?

Sponsored Links
I always use duplex (foil back) plasterboards. It is the simplest and cheapest way to install a v.b.

great, so these combined with the celotex taped up will be ok then.

does the same apply to the gable walls be insulated? i am using 50mm between the studs and then 50mm over them.

Sponsored Links
great, so these combined with the celotex taped up will be ok then.

does the same apply to the gable walls be insulated? i am using 50mm between the studs and then 50mm over them.

Yup. I like the belt and braces idea of foil tape to all joins too. 'Tis the way i do it.

The idea is to keep all the moist warm air on the warm side of the insulation, not allowing one breath of air to meet the the cold side and subsequently condense.

Either or but not both.
Polythene is cheaper, but slightly fiddlier.
You can buy vapour barrier on a roll, 50sqm for about £15 - £20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back