FOLLOW UP PROBLEM WITH HOTPOINT MISTRAL F/F.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. This maybe of interest to anyone having problems with hotpoint Mistral F/F. My fridge stopped working and the top section of the freezer also wasn't working but the lower part of the freezer was, although not very cold. All started to defrost and thermostat was flashing. Thinking all was lost started looking for new and then four days later it all started working again, as was still on trying to keep stuff in lower freezer cold, and it's still going. Anyone with an explaination???????.

Bruce.

Sponsored Links
Ice build up behind freezer panel.Fan in freezer feeds cold air up into fridge but the ice has blocked the duct and/or fan blade itself so fridge goes warm.Poor circulation in freezer causes freezer problems.
I would turn it off for at least 24 hours with doors open and give it a full defrost.

Ice build up behind freezer panel.Fan in freezer feeds cold air up into fridge but the ice has blocked the duct and/or fan blade itself so fridge goes warm.Poor circulation in freezer causes freezer problems.
I would turn it off for at least 24 hours with doors open and give it a full defrost.

Hi, thanks for that, will do. Appreciate your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back