Hotpoint f/f - fridge too warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint fridge-freezer - model Mistral FF72.

It has a little LCD display for the fridge and freezer temperature. The freezer is fine (-22, as normal), but the fridge is too warm (+14, instead of the normal +4).

The unit is about 8 years old. We're shortly starting on a kitchen extension and will be replacing it anyway, but in the meantime I'm not keen to pay an engineer to fix it for just a few months. Any suggestions for checks I could do to see if the problem is something simple/obvious?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It's meant to be frost-free, although I did get some ice out of the freezer compartment.
Looking at some other forums, it looks like it could be the thermistors, which have already been replaced twice (in 2004 and 2006). I'll see if I can track some down and replace them myself.
Cheers

frost-frees are liable to get ice bockages in their pipes. Try an old-fashioned manual defrost and give it a good clean. look for any signs of food particles or mould in drain water pipes. Clean out the dish at the back where the water goes and the pipes in it.

Sponsored Links
I've got a Hotpoint ff78 and twice have had the same problem each has resulted in replaced thermistors. Last Hotpoint call out charge was £90!!!!

I am just manually defrosting now, I am going to cancel the call to engineer and buy the two replacement thermistors

Obviously this is a common fault :evil: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back