Fridge Freezer Hotpoint FFA97

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any refrigeration guys out there that may be able to tell me why my fridge freezer Hotpoint FFA97 is overunning. It is currently at -30 instead of the running temp of -18 I keep having to switch off to let it warm up to -18 to save the contents. The fridge appears to be running normal. Oh why oh Why did I choose a Hotpoint.

Sponsored Links
Just a follow up on my previous post as there does not seem to be any refrigeration techs on the forum.I took out all draws , removed back panel eight screws slid back cover forward and out to reveal gas assy thermostat sensors and vent. I found the vent was completely iced up and the whole area was wet. defrosted the freezer for 24 hours made sure the vent was clear and wiped the whole area dry.It has been running for a few days now at a perfect -18 degrees.I can only assume the door has not been completely sealed for a period of time which caused this fault.

Contrary to popular belief frost free freezers do need defrosting and the best way is to do like you did, otherwise its 24 hours defrost minimum and keep emptying the evaporator tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back