footings problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, quick question.

my neighbour has a double extension with 1m deep foundations (trench fill). My planned garage extension will sit right up against the neighbours extension leaving a 4" gap BUT as i have just realised my footings will be right against the neighbours footings (touching). Is this ok?

Secondly, because the footings butt up against each other this has now forced my outer brick wall over by 4" meaning the gap between mine and the neighbour will be 8". Therefore can i move my outer wall to the edge of my footings or overlap onto the neighbours footings??

cheers all

andy

Sponsored Links
if you want too go on too his footing youd better ask him too some BBQS

Lol or keep his wife entertained whilst he's at work ha ha ha.

On a serious note I do need this question answering, if possible. :D

why don't you forget digging the footting and building the wall and instead suggest you attach your extension onto his wall and tell him it will reduce his annual energy bill. He may go for it.

Sponsored Links
My neighbour lives in a detached house whereas mines a semi, so getting them to agree to an attachment is very unlikely, I wouldn't allow it if the shoe was on other foot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back