For all Sparks..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello peeps

doing a job at present carrying out remedial works after another contractor tested the building..

I noticed on his test sheet there was no R1 R2 readings? just the earth loop reading..

so i got out my guidance note 3 and check to see if this was correct and guess what ... it is not mandatory to carry out this test.. well you learn something every day, and for all these years i have been carrying it out on periodic tests.. :cry:

i would like your thoughts as to wether you agree with this or not??

ta!

Sponsored Links
the loop test doesn't tell you if the earthing of the outlet is being provided by the CPC or parallel paths, so I'd rather do it anyway

the loop test doesn't tell you if the earthing of the outlet is being provided by the CPC or parallel paths, so I'd rather do it anyway

my thoughts exactly :D

i am having a dispute with an other company over this very subject...

I'm at college now, doing my 2391. We had a scenario of a commercial building which needed a PIR, but the client said one of the ring circuits could not be isolated because there were computers plugged into it which they did not want turned off. Our teacher said that this is fine as long as you state what you have done in your limitations.

Sponsored Links
the building in dispute is a factory with most of the instalation being motors..

theses can all be turned off, in fact is easier to to r1 and r2 so the motors dont run..

i rang the eca and there take on it is just becuse the r1 r2 test is not mandatory it is no excuse not to do it..

i also agree with you with regard to the limitations..

Back