help needed and soonish :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey people,

Ive got my c&g 2391 test and inspection exam at 1 today, im all ready to go except im confusses about one thing.

Continuity of ring final circuit condutors
When carrying out step 3 which is connecting the live (line) and the cpcs together on a ring main to carry out the figure of 8 test to check for interconnections ect, you are getting your R1+R2 reading, do you have to divide this reading by 4? im getting confussed one book says you do and another there is no mention,
do i just put down my reading for R1+R2 on the test forms. then if i want to work out my zs, i then have to divide R1+R2 by 4 then add my ze.

Thanks for any help in advice

Sponsored Links
If you are referring to 2c in diagram. Then Book 3 does say divide by 4 to get Zs-Ze.

NO IT DOESN'T. It (GN3 2.7.6)is not very well written, but the difference between Rn and rn is crucial.

Step 1, using fig 2a, gives you the phase, neutral and cpc loop (ring) resistances, r1, rn & r2 respectively (and for 2.5 T+E, r1=rn and r2=r1*1.67)

(Step 2 fig 2b is for L+N and nothing to do with determining R1+R2)

Step 3, using fig 2c, the meter reading is (r1+r2)/4 which is the same as R1+R2 (Ohm's Law - resistances in parallel) which is the figure you then add to Ze to get Zs,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back