For those considering GREEN on May 07

Two cardinal rules for politicians seems to be that they should have an answer for everything and must never dry up. She failed miserably on both counts.

not true in my opinion
yes she should ideally have an answer
but i would rather have someone who makes mistakes in conversation is far less polished in conversation but where it counts can perform well
someone who has all the answers in an instant in general without having to think will in my mind be far more likely to be not telling the full truth or even worse

if your too polished in your performance you have probably spent far to much time on presentation and not enough on substance

Sponsored Links
Two cardinal rules for politicians seems to be that they should have an answer for everything and must never dry up. She failed miserably on both counts.

I think also - always give the answer you have prepared rather than the one to the question you have just been asked.

Say 'with respect'
Say 'if you let me answer the question' (then see my first point above)
Say ' I WILL say this....' ( then see my first point above)
Say ' if you let me finish' Etc etc

Also, Cameron's standard answer is: "We're working haaard to address....."
Ie. its non-quantitive, so they can claim they are working hard, but not claim they are doing anything specific.

She doesn't have quite the panache of our Nige, does she? :LOL:

I'll give you that one for sure , the Greens as a whole do seem somewhat less media savvy than the other parties. Perhaps it comes from the time when the party had a policy of not having a leader. They have also perhaps been victims of their own success , membership and support has increased in recent times as people have looked for credible alternatives to the main parties and that has put them under closer media scrutiny .
Here is a response from her,
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-learning-process-and-ive-much-still-to-learn
I tend to believe that people and potential voters can see past one poor sound bite and still look at the core beliefs. For example recently Victoria Ayling the Ukip candidate for Grimsby asked " what happens when renewable energy runs out?" , stupid question or rather a badly phrased comment but does this make you think the whole party is made up of fools and not worth voting for ? I'd like to think you have the intelligence to see the whole picture.
As to the Greens policies , one thing I and a slowly growing number of people feel to be important is a topic discussed on here and that is the TTIP and the Greens are pretty much the only party opposing this heinous piece of legislation . The Greens won't get in at the next election but with regards to the TTIP there is good news coming out of events in Greece,
http://www.euractiv.com/sections/tr...reek-parliament-will-never-ratify-ttip-311719

not true in my opinion
yes she should ideally have an answer
but i would rather have someone who makes mistakes in conversation is far less polished in conversation but where it counts can perform well
someone who has all the answers in an instant in general without having to think will in my mind be far more likely to be not telling the full truth or even worse

if your too polished in your performance you have probably spent far to much time on presentation and not enough on substance

Unfortunately though, telling the truth will not get anyone elected.
Truth is, the truth is unpalatable for most of the electorate - they do not want to hear that they will never be rich, and will have to work until they're knackered out, and they'll live a subsistence existence in their waning years.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately though, telling the truth will not get anyone elected.
Truth is, the truth is unpalatable for most of the electorate - they do not want to hear that they will never be rich, and will have to work until they're knackered out, and they'll live a subsistence existence in their waning years.

The word truth in the same sentence as politician is known as an oxymoron!

And a politician on his own is just a moron.

And a gathering of politicians is called ???

As to the Greens policies , one thing I and a slowly growing number of people feel to be important is a topic discussed on here and that is the TTIP and the Greens are pretty much the only party opposing this heinous piece of legislation .

I'm no expert, but what I read about TTIP seems to involve the United States of America and the United States of Europe! Does that mean if we regain our freedom from the EU, TTIP may not influence us? Or, at least, we'd have the ability to accept it or decline.

Absolutely true. I have just happened to see Millibrain on the TV 'promising' to reduce university tuition fees from £9000 to £6000. You wouldn't believe that a GE is imminent.

Sadly, there are many intellectually challenged individuals in this country who will believe everything they hear.

Absolutely true. I have just happened to see Millibrain on the TV 'promising' to reduce university tuition fees from £9000 to £6000. You wouldn't believe that a GE is imminent.

Sadly, there are many intellectually challenged individuals in this country who will believe everything they hear.

Millibrain might have the skillset to be a minister, but he in no way, shape, or form, has the statesman-like demeanour to be a prime minister.

Millibrain might have the skillset to be a minister, but he in no way, shape, or form, has the statesman-like demeanour to be a prime minister.

v3-miliband-selwynv2.jpg
:LOL:

As to the Greens policies , one thing I and a slowly growing number of people feel to be important is a topic discussed on here and that is the TTIP and the Greens are pretty much the only party opposing this heinous piece of legislation .

I'm no expert, but what I read about TTIP seems to involve the United States of America and the United States of Europe! Does that mean if we regain our freedom from the EU, TTIP may not influence us? Or, at least, we'd have the ability to accept it or decline.

Bit of both really. If we were to leave the EU there is the argument that we as an individual country would ( or could) have a reduced bargaining position , if we leave and still ratify it then we're equally screwed . The whole thing is hugely weighted in the favour of corporations and profit is the only goal even if it is detrimental to the host country and people , check out investor state disputes which form a part of the policy. It gives control over to those corporations and the legal right to sue governments should they try to stand in its way . Beats me why politicians of all sides seem so kean on the idea. For yourself as a Ukip supporter the best outcome would be for Ukip not to win the next election so that we stay in the EU , let Syriza scupper the TTIP and it's bastard offspring , then get out of the EU at the next election.

For yourself as a Ukip supporter the best outcome would be for Ukip not to win the next election so that we stay in the EU , let Syriza scupper the TTIP and it's b*****d offspring , then get out of the EU at the next election.

But they can do that after we have left! :D

Sponsored Links
Back