Forcing a woman to give birth in a jail cell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to America.

There is video.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/diana-sanchez/

Sanchez says Denver county health department nurses and the jail staff knew her water had broken, that she was days away from her due date, and was in active labor for hours, yet left her alone and she delivered her baby “alone in a dirty jail cell without any medical care, because it was inconvenient to take her to the hospital during the jail’s booking process.”

Sponsored Links
She must have been desperate to commit serious crimes whilst pregnant. The US prison authorities are certainly tough on crooks in the US. Doesn't seem to stop people offending though.

Something wrong, when a country locks up 10% of its population.

Sponsored Links

Maybe they've got it right ...three strikes and your a lifer .........look at the knife crime I London.

The number of criminals locked up here then released to murder or rape again is shocking.

Maybe they've got it right ...three strikes and your a lifer .........look at the knife crime I London.

The number of criminals locked up here then released to murder or rape again is shocking.

Yet crime rates and violent crime is higher in the US.

The 3 strikes and your out rule is stupid and costs more money, a man who stole $50.75 was put in life for prison, yes life , now 30 odd years later he has been released. Private prisons make more money with more incarcerations.

I think it is closer to 0.66% than 10%. UK is 0.13%,

Americans have guns. Very few people are responsible enough to own a gun, so a lot end up in prison. And poor welfare state means more people turn to crime - and usually use a gun in those crimes to increase the efficiency of robbing etc.

Mad to think that some people here would prefer the UK to adopt the American system.

Mad to think that some people here would prefer the UK to adopt the American system

Brexit has accelerated that exponentially.

Brexit has made lying acceptable
politicians do it and people find it acceptable if it fits with their belief.

The Tory party dont seem accountable to journalists, opposition parties or the public.

Nothing like making assumptions "she's in jail so it must be serious"

She was in jail (remand here) for identity theft. Assuming she wasn't a mastermind of a vast identity theft plot she'd have received one year in jail if found guilty. Bear in mind she was NOT a convict at this point

They released her on bail following the birth so presumably she was not printing ID documents in her kitchen and pretending to be Lady GaGa

I think it is closer to 0.66% than 10%. UK is 0.13%,

Americans have guns. Very few people are responsible enough to own a gun, so a lot end up in prison. And poor welfare state means more people turn to crime - and usually use a gun in those crimes to increase the efficiency of robbing etc.

Mad to think that some people here would prefer the UK to adopt the American system.

Around 30% with criminal records, 10% in jail or have been in jail
Eh? 30 million in US prisons!
I'm not dividing population by currently in prison. I'm comparing the total number of People who've been to prison against the population.

There are around 70M people in the US with criminal records.

But however you calculate it - its more than anywhere in the world except maybe china, where they don't publish much about it.

I'm not dividing population by currently in prison. I'm comparing the total number of People who've been to prison against the population.

There are around 70M people in the US with criminal records.
Gotcha. although difficult to deduce from this misleading snippet....

Sponsored Links
Back