Ford 5w30 oils

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The M2C913-C/D 5w30 Ford oils, for the 40°/100° temps, tend to quote around 55cSt/10cSt yet the Ford 5w30 spec offering from Mannol, 7707 OEM, quotes 63.4cSt/11.4cSt. Noticeably thicker!

Is anyone using Mannol 7707 in their Ford?
Will you be using it on the next oil change?

My uncle's 2013 1.5 Fiesta TDCI is due in January.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The mannol oil is within the specs for SAE for a 5W30 oil which allow 9.3 to 12.5 cST at 100 degree C. It wouldn't worry me in the slightest if I'm honest especially as oils tend to thin slightly in their initial use.

Indeed the SAE values for engine oil viscosity does have a range for given viscosity number hence VW TDIs can get away with using 5w30 507.00 rather than 5w40 505.01 because 507.00 oils are about 0.5cSt away from being an SAE 40.

May just try Mannol 7707 in the Fiesta. We have several cars running sweet as a nut on Mannol 7715. They have PD engines so need the PD spec oil.

I would always run PD spec oil in a PD "just because", in reality though, I'm sure the old Ford Galaxy had a PD engine and was not required to run a VW ".01" oils!
My thought on oil is just to run a full synthetic with the correct viscosity, my current BMW has 182,000 miles on its original engine and turbo and it has been run on Wilco/Tesco/Asda brand synthetic for the last 120,000 of that. I do change it 3 times a year though so roughly every 5,000 miles...

Sponsored Links
Wilco oil is supplied by Comma. Tesco and Asda likely are too.
I guessed it would be bought and re-bottled. I find it incredible that some people I know would go to great lengths to ensure their garage uses genuine manufacturers branded oil but then leave it in their engine for 20,000 + miles!

If by genuine manufacturers branded oil you mean the car brand, there's actually no such product. Car brands don't even make all their own parts. I bought a 6L pack of Merc brand oil a couple of years ago to service a '94 C220. It was listed on ebay by a Merc garage at a good price of £32. The label claimed the oil was from Daimler AG but the oil was blended by Fuchs.

Fuchs, I understand also blend VW oil.

The oil I got last time for the Fiesta I mentioned was DriveTech and that's blended by Exol.

If by genuine manufacturers branded oil you mean the car brand, there's actually no such product.
I mean exactly that, people think that VW oil is made by VW and would use nothing else. I can remember getting a job lot of Ford branded oil when a dealer went bankrupt and I then struggled to use it because nobody except Ford owners wanted Ford oil in their car!

I seem to recall reading an article online not to long ago that SCT, who own the Mannol oil brand, supply car assembly plants across Europe with bulk oil. SCT blend their oil at a plant in Lithuania and market it under several labels - Mannol, Fanfaro and Pemco.

Their 7715 OEM and LSX oils, being the same oil under the Mannol and Fanfaro labels, have VW approval for 504.00/507.00 oil.

Sponsored Links
Back