Ford experts needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 05 plate Mondeo 2ltr TDci in work at the moment with a broken engine. The timing has jumped and as a result the top half of the cam carrier has cracked around the inlet camshaft. So off with the head to check the bottom end. All looks fine until I try and time the bottom end. The engine is supposed times up at 50degs before TDC on no1 piston. At this point the timing pin slots into the flywheel via the crankshaft position sensor hole, but on this one the pin doesn't slide on until at least 90degs after TDC on no1 piston. So before I rip the whole engine out and pull it apart does anyone have any ideas or has had any experience with this kind of problem on these engines?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you using the right sized timing pins?
Only reason i ask is i've come across more than one hole in the flywheel before on fords!

If you are looking for a great car service and MOT station I recommend Quality Car Service in Granby Milton Keynes. The have just done a full service on my Ford Focus and carried out a BG44k Air Intake and Fuel line Service to my car, man its like new on performance and fuel efficiency. 10 out of 10 to these guys.

If you are looking for a great car service and MOT station I recommend Quality Car Service in Granby Milton Keynes. The have just done a full service on my Ford Focus and carried out a BG44k Air Intake and Fuel line Service to my car, man its like new on performance and fuel efficiency. 10 out of 10 to these guys.
The OP's in South Wales! :confused:

Sponsored Links
The OP's in South Wales! :confused:

Quite a long way to push a broken ford i suppose :LOL:

Read my post it says I have a car in at WORK which implies I work with/on cars for a living. Why the hell would I take it to another garage?

Are you using the right sized timing pins?
Only reason i ask is i've come across more than one hole in the flywheel before on fords!
Bang on had the wrong timing pin sent to us. Bottom end is knackered any way 2 con rods bent :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back