Ford Fiesta heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
S-O-S Ford Fiesta P Reg
Anyone can tell me about the heating got my fans working but no heat coming through any ideas how to fix it Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
SOS P Reg Fiesta
Yes coolant Level OK, could it be Thermostat ? if so do you know where its located. If not any other possible cause you can think of ! Cheers

Dave

Is your dash coolant temperature gauge reading as normal? Thermostat unlikely as coolant flows around heater before thermostat opens. First ensure you do not have an airlock in the system. Warm engine up, set heater to max temp and pump top hose with your (gloved) hand. If no air lock is present it is likely to be a problem with your coolant valve, which is found behind the scuttle cover panel in the engine compartment. This unit controls quantity of hot water admitted to heater matrix. Could be an electrical fault or the valve itself. Not too tricky to do.

Sponsored Links
SOS Ford Fiesta P reg

Have isolated the problem you were right an electrical problem was the cause , The blower resistor "connector block" seem to have fused/burnt (red/ black cable) will have to be replaced ! do you know of anywhere where on the net . I could get new one ordered , Many thanks for your help. Cheers

Dave

It's probably the heater control valve - a common fault on these and KAs. Get one from Ford and it will last as long as the original.

If the heater resistor connector was truly knackered your fan wouldn't work.

Back