ford focus central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help? ive a 2001 ford focus with central locking i tried to convert it to remote locking by buying a kit that gives you 4 solenoids a control box two key fobs and brackets as well as instructions. but when i took off the door panel there was nothing to attach the solenoid onto ive since been told there maybe an existing solenoid allready there. any advice welcome. thanks john n

Sponsored Links
if you have central locking then you already have solenoids in place,you would need to use the control box provided to trigger them if the wiring allows for it,at a guess i would say it wont

If it has central locking then there is a solenoid. (Nearly all cars have now really...)

As far as connecting your kit it can be fiddly to get it work reliably. You could possibly try to wire your remote control unit it in to the existing central locking system, that would be your best bet. However, you could end up with the whole central locking having problems if you dont get it right. Get a haynes manual and check wiring etc.

(If no central locking a haynes manual will still show you the set up of the locking mechanism making it easier (not easy!) to fit your solenoid.)

I'd stick with the key for the hassle..! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back