Ford focus reg51 auto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone pls help me. My ford focus reg51 won't start after power window spark when I tried to open my window on my driver side.a week before that my lighter socket also stop working my sat nav won't charge. Anyone please advice me what's wrong. Now my car is stuck at home.

Thanks
Joe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
OK you have some power then, does anything come on when you switch the ignition on, warning lights etc, if so what exactly happens when you try to start it?

Peter

When I start the car. It makes a sounds. Like" tug! Tug! Tug". Then nothing. All warning lights when I start appears as normal on the monitor speed screen.

If what is John was saying big fuse blown near the positive battery. How do I rectified it. Or tochecksf this if it is the cause really.

Sorry guys and thanks for the help. I have a zero knowledge. With regards to this. If you asked about human anatomy I can do much better.

Forgot to asked where can I find this battery blown fuse been looking in the manual can't seems to find it.

Purely a guess on my part Joe, but many cars have heavy duty fuses (60 amp) very close to the battery positive terminal. If the Focus has these they'll be within a plastic cover, but I don't know this for a fact.
Also check the battery terminals are tight, including the earth lead at both ends.
John :)

Thank u John
I opened the car auxiliary fuse box and check the ford focus Reg 51 manual and I can't locate base on the 2 where is the battery fuse. Now I opened the battery look around it I don't see any fuse near the battery terminal. I'm really lost.

Now in the manual it says " battery voltage sensor fuse" but this is only 1 amp. I don't think this is the one I'm looking is it?

My last option I guess is call a towing service to get it towed to a garaged to get it fix. But will cost me a fortune. But I don't seems have any option.

Have you checked all of the fuses, which are hidden behind the glove box?
I thought on this model there was one fuse box behind the glove box, and another in the battery compartment area but thats only from memory.

Hi John & Peter

I got it running now. A friend came over and we swap his battery. And the car starts. I bought a new battery. Mine was flat when we checked at halfords. What confused me thou why it didn't work when we jump start. It

Anyway thank you for taking sometime answering my trouble.

Xx Joe xX

There is no fuse for battery in the car. We've search everywhere. I don't know of it is the downside. Of this model. My car although it's 11 yrs old the mileage is only 51,456.

My friend theory was maybe the connection was lose and while I was using it. It wasn't charging that the power window lost power to start then after completely lose power. We found out that the cigar fuse was blown so we changed it. It saves me money coz for sure for all the trouble it will cost me roughly £200-£300 quid.
I spent £80 all in all with new batt & new fuse.

Joe.

Right Joe - so long as its sorted!
It sounds like an accessory, when plugged into the cigarette lighter popped the fuse as it shorted out - I've seen this before.
I can't comment why everything else seemed to go haywire though.....the joys of automatic transmissions maybe, but it does sound like your original battery was on its way out.

Sponsored Links
Back