Ford Kuga Sync1 screen failure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, we've had our 2013 Kuga TitaniumX Powershift nearly 2 years and it's truely best car I've owned.

Unfortunately the Sync1 screen has started playing up, first of all it was flickering and you could see a "ripple" going from top to bottom but still useable.

Wife has just sent me a text to say it's gone completely white now, the radio etc still works. After a power down it's come back on (flickering again).

I'm going to take the dash to bits first to check connections but I fear the screen has failed.

Has anybody else had a similar problem or can anyone recomend a reliable source for repair or replacement of the screen?.

Any ideas welcome!, Cheers Keith.

Sponsored Links
That's a Sync 2 Screen unfortunately, had a good look this morning and can't find a single Sync 1 anywhere!.

Ahh well I daresay one will turn up, might be worth emailing some of the sellers on there and there are plenty of non ebay sellers who will track parts down (or so they say) though I've never used such services myself. Incidentally I've generally found that the second hand car parts sellers on ebay are generally pretty reliable and take back faulty items no problem.

Sponsored Links
How much are they new from Ford out of interest, £230 seems awfully expensive for a second hand? Can't imagine they'd be that much more from the dealer.

Why not go into your local for dealer and have a chat with them. They seem to be happy to have a quick look at the problem, and will often give advice without charging you, and my local ford garage will often do a quick diagnosis without charging.

I'll let you know when I find out, eye watering price probably!.

Had a look round and can't find one for love nor money, if it did get one they have individual options coded in so would likely not have what i needed anyway!.

Gone for one of these, Android based (free apps and satnav updates!).

Replaces the old unit and fascia, plug and play apparently!.

2018-02-14 18.52.07.png

That looks interesting. What's it called, and how much was it please.

It's from a comany called Electro-Navi in France.

Plug and play, Canbus compatible (operates Aircon etc), Ford reversing camera compatible. All steering wheel controls work.

Cost £560 which to be fair isn't that bad considering I could have had my original "repaired" for £450 and wouldn't really trust it.

This is what it's replacing.

20180214_111845.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back