Ford Mondeo vs Vauxhall Insignia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple question reall. Which is the better?

2 Kids so looking for storage and space on those long trips.

Obviously a comfortable drive.

Kind of drawn to the basic SRI insignia for some unkown reason though it seems the mondeo zetec seems more practicle.

Also the child inside me like lots of gadgets to play with.

Any expererience or advice from you car guys.

Sponsored Links
The Mondeo does it for me - simply a class leader. Drive one and be impressed! Insignia is a bit young, yet.
Both are high depreciators though, due to their fleet heritage so look out for a good discount if you're buying new.
John :)

Mondeo hatch or Insignia estate.
As good as it's real looks in hatch form the head room is terrible on the Insigna.
The mondeo is a better drive by all account but I never got on with them ( could never find a comfortable place for my right foot)
the insignia i drove seemed better built but monday morning car or ??????

THe mondeo will give you a lot more choice as there seem to be more about.

The best thing is hire one for a weekend then make the choice then.

I'd probably buy the Mondeo as when i recently looked Fords new Diesel seem better than VX.

I'd probably prefer the Mondeo, as better quality, but the servicing lets it down, so would have to go for the Vauxhall, less quality, better after market support.

I've had many of each, and everytime a Ford has been serviced, there are always annoying faults, that they have caused.

Vauxhall, annoying faults in their cars, like indicators that don't cancel, but their servicing fixes everything, and you are more assured.

Sponsored Links
Mondeo every time. As for servicing, some Ford dealers are better than others, and generally the one-garage dealers seem better. For example, we used to use Old Blundells, who were a one-garage dealer in Tiverton, they were excellent but got taken over by Vospers (who are all over Devon) and went downhill fast. Had many issues and disputes with Vospers in both Tiverton and Exeter, now use Lovells in Ottery who have been exemplary.

So, buy the Mondeo, and choose your main-dealer wisely for servicing. If one cocks you about, go somewhere else, they aren't all bad. Simples.

I can only speak for the 2.5T Mondeo & TBH I like it, they have a Volvo engine/box and are quite nippy! so far our fleet have been very reliable & its worth noting our fleet takes a pounding ;) Nice inside too with there posh Sony DAB radio.

As for Insignia`s, we had some on demo but did not choose them, read into that what you will.

An alternative you might be open to: get yourself something 1 year old with a BMW badge on it.

A 5-Series is as bland as water, but let's face it: you're choosing between a Ford repmobile and a Vauxhall repmobile anyway, it's sensible car time.

After having BMW hirecars recently, I'll seriously consider them when it comes time to trade in. Try out a model with M-Sport specification (which is just a trim level, it's not uber-expensive like an M5 would be!), spend 10 minutes setting up the seat and then be pleasantly surprised at how comfy it is compared to anything else you've ever driven.

Plus the emissions are surprisingly low and fuel economy good, so you'll save a bit of cash on the running.

I expect when they go wrong it's expensive, but I found Vauxhall main-dealers exhorbitant back when I had a Vauxhall.

Hiya.

Have had both a Mondeo 1.8td and the Insisnia Sri ( 2l i think) - had each for about 4 months through work.

I'd choose the Insignia every time.

Really comfy and nice to drive, feels like your in a much more expensive car.

The Insignia got the most praise from my mates too.

:D

If you are buying new - Vauxhall's lifetime warranty for first owner is a major consideration.

Sponsored Links
Back