Forge steel builders kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all

been having a wee look at screwfix's latest email and noticed this wee jobby

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/63520...e/Tool-Bags/Forge-Steel-Building-10-Piece-Set

i'm a greenkeeper to trade but i'm currently at night school learning more of the landscaping side of things, first up is bricklaying

would that wee toolkit but up the task of the occasional retaining wall? or patio?

i'm not expecting to be using it everyday or even once a week but something to have incase i get a wee job to do?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Probably for occasional use it'd be ok, although if you intend doing much of this type of work it may be better to invest a little more.
Watch that level though, I brought their boat level to try out and after not an awful lot of work I couldn't believe how much out it had become, almost 1/4" in the lenght of the level whicg is only about 10" long :evil:

The FS levels are not bad. Cheap boat levels are always crap and way out though

If you are going to be doing this lark professionally and often, then you would be better off spending more money on the best tools, and if need be compromise on some of the less used tools.

Kits are always compromises

For brickwork, you are better off going to a shop and holding a trowel to see what it feels like, as it will make a massive difference to the ease of use and quality of the work - you don't just what to put up with whatever comes in a kit if it is the wrong trowel for you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back