Fortic combination unit - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bit of advice needed if you please...

I have just bought a small studio apartment. No gas, all appliances etc. are electric. There are no radiators in the house.

There are two sink units, one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom and a bath. Each of these has a hot and cold tap. There is a shower unit, located on the wall above the bath.

I can get hot water from the shower instantly just by turning it on, no problems at all. However, when I switch the heating on I cannot get any hot water at all (the most I have had is luke warm at best).

There is a Fortic combination unit in the loft (type 3 it says on the front) - is there anything in particular I should look for on these units that might do the trick?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You need to check that your immersion heater is coming on.

You may have 2 if it is an E7 fortic tank. If you have, the bottom one will only work during the 7 hour E7 period at night, whilst the top one will work as a daytime boost.

Other than that check the fuses in the immersion fused outlet, or look for a secondary switch hidden somewhere.

Failing that the immersion or its thermostat could have gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back