Cylinder change-Indirect combined (Fortic) cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

I am considering changing my existing vented indirect cylinder to a combined cylinder.The main reason being the current hot water route(DHW cylinder is 1st Floor) takes forever to come through in the downstairs kitchen as it travels up to the loft first then down to the upstairs bathroom and then eventually down to the kitchen.By removing existing vented cylinder I will clear cistern out of loft,creating more much needed space and also half the distance to water outlets(2 cloakroom basins,1 Kitchen sink-NO baths as we have electric shower).The only worry I have is water pressure to taps especially the bathroom.What is the minimum height that the HOT water outlet on cylinder needs to be above the taps on the same floor level.I am looking at the moment at 300mm.Is this enough?
I would appreciate your thoughts, especially those of you who have fortic cylinders.
Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
where will you put your new cylinder? why don't you just put a vented cylinder there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back