foul drainage - new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been in the groundworks game for almost 10 years now. Currently doing a lot of new build work. On a huge house at the moment which the chap is project managing!! :rolleyes: Basically he isn't sure as to where his clargester will be so we have brought all foul drainage out at top of footings with lintels above. I intend to then drop drains where needed just before manholes where required with 45 degree bends with possible rodding points. Does this sound ok? or will we have to go through the 'drop shaft/backdrop' route??

cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Klargester inlet invert isnt going to be very deep, (unless you are intent on putting it in as deep as possible!), so unless drains are leaving the building about an inch below ground level there shouldn't be a great deal of height difference to overcome.... Will also depend on the BCO as to what he/she will accept....

If it is a major distance, run all the drainage at the higher level to a suitable point near the Klargester then fit one backdrop on the main run at a chamber near the tank.

Sponsored Links
Klargester inlet will be approx 1 metre below ground level.lets say that the nearest drain (10m from tank) will exit the house at 350mm below ground level so at 1:40 fall will still be 350mm above invert. The furthest drain will be approx 25m from tank so will need to make fall shallower eg 1:60.
My main worry is obviously the nearest pipe being 350mm above inlet when it reaches tank. \thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back