foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi started digging foundations for extension its on the side of my house there is an external soil pipe which heads sidewards from my house and is gonna cross my foundations and i know i cant concrete it and have it running through my foundations cos of the weight sitting on the concrete can i leave a break in the foundations and leave the drainage undisurbed then bridge the gap with a lintel.Or if this is wrong can somone tell me the right way of doing it cos its gonna have to pass buildig regs having a friend doing the brickwork but he works on site and only does brickwork really need somone who knows there ground work.
many thanks
ps if anyone can draw a rough diagram that would be great

Sponsored Links
You can 'simply' use a lintel providing the pipe is of sufficient depth.

Have a look at the Building Regs on the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister web site - here
to see how it should be done.

Correct way is to step the foundation under the pipe then use a lintel to carry the brickwork over the pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back