Fracking going fine

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Measurements recorded by the British Geological Survey (BGS) have revealed that since Cudarilla were given the green light to resume fracking operations at their Preston New Road site on October 15th, Lancashire has since suffered 17 separate earthquakes in just 9 days.

Since the resumption of fracking operations on October 15th, seismic events have been steadily increasing.

In the vicinity of Cuadrilla’s Lancashire operation, the BGS
recorded 3 earthquakes on the 18th October, 1 on the 19th October, 1 on the 20th October, 1 on the 24rd of October, 5 on the 24th October, 3 on the 25th October, and 3 already today.

Following the largest seismic event at 11:36 this morning, Cuadrilla have again been forced to
halt operations entirely.

The BGS analyses seismic data to detect earthquakes across the British Isles, and out of the 20 events recorded since the 15th October, 17 have had an epicentre within a short distance of Cuadrilla’s operations in Lancashire:

Sponsored Links
It's perfectly safe !

Didn't they have to stop before because of an earthquake?

But they are not related to its operations.

yeah right

coincidences

Lancashire-Fracking-Eathquake-Epicentre.jpg

I'm no advocate of fracking, but you should check out the limits on "man-made" earthquakes associated with drilling for geo-thermal energy before going off on one.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
It's all perfectly OK & very, very safe. Don't panic & please turn up for work tomorrow as normal.

If the locale ever suffers an earthquake event that falls outside of the set boundaries then we simply need to increase those boundaries until earthquakes are no longer happening in the locale.

Which bit don't folk understand?

I'm no advocate of fracking, but you should check out the limits on "man-made" earthquakes associated with drilling for geo-thermal energy before going off on one.

Nozzle
Quite a bit higher actually...

However much less chemicals are involved in geo-thermal fracking, and unlike oil/gas fracking existing fractures are manipulated as opposed to deliberately causing fractures that weren't present beforehand...

So it's a case of chalk and cheese!

Nozzle

Well you should tell that to Rex Tillerson, Ex Ceo of Exxon who didn't want Fracking near where he lived. I wonder why? As ex Ceo of Exxon maybe he knows a thing or two. :rolleyes:

It's interesting because the protest groups against franking over the last ten years were primarily made up of the sort of people you despise John, white working class British. It's no secret that fraking protestors have and still are being treated by the authorities with the same suspicion and contempt as terrorists. Many protestors have had their rights violated during the course of exercising their right to protest and found themselves unlawfully targeted by and blacklisted by the intelligence services. As per usual, another absolute ****ing disgrace, and now the damage has been done those responsible will, as per usual, escape scrutiny and accountability.

If you want to see how fraking protestors have and are being treated in this country I suggest you start with the uploaded recordings on YouTube, where police have been recorded beating, imprisoning and torturing protestors in broad daylight.

It's interesting because the protest groups against franking over the last ten years were primarily made up of the sort of people you despise John, white working class British. It's no secret that fraking protestors have and still are being treated by the authorities with the same suspicion and contempt as terrorists. Many protestors have had their rights violated during the course of exercising their right to protest and found themselves unlawfully targeted by and blacklisted by the intelligence services. As per usual, another absolute ****ing disgrace, and now the damage has been done those responsible will, as per usual, escape scrutiny and accountability.

If you want to see how fraking protestors have and are being treated in this country I suggest you start with the uploaded recordings on YouTube, where police have been recorded beating, imprisoning and torturing protestors in broad daylight.
I believe the current term is 'domestic extremists'!

And plod does employ such tactics as above, and in addition apply for (and often get) ludicrous/over bearing bail restrictions imposed.
Another favourite is to transfer you to a tiny plod shop in the middle of nowhere and then release you at about 3am...

They also blatantly lie in court.
Someone I know was up for 'breach of the peace' during a protest, and in order to 'prove' their case plod produced a google street view image of the park area where the offence (upsetting families in a park) was supposed to have taken place. Not only did the offence never take place (nor were they ever near the park), but plod produced as 'evidence' the right named park but in the wrong town! Watching the prosecution barrister turn the air blue afterwards was worth the hassle of attending!

As for the demographics of the fracking protestors, having been on many enviromental protests over the years it is different in this case.
It is mostly local residents, bolstered by enviromental activists and yes what some would term 'professional protestors'.

For many locals it is often their first form of 'protest'.
And they are usually very shocked by what plod (and the authorities/corporates) get up to.
I believe that in a certain way, the government are in actual fact guilty of 'radicalisation'!

For many locals it is often their first form of 'protest'.
And they are usually very shocked by what plod (and the authorities/corporates) get up to.
I believe that in a certain way, the government are in actual fact guilty of 'radicalisation'!

I live in an area which has been comprehensively raped by open cast coal mining. Over the years some of the locals have become very experienced & knowledeable in the legal aspects of disrupting such operations & one aspect which I find very disturbing is they discovered a few years ago that many of the leading characters driving the protest groups in the past were actually working for the mining companies.

Lancashire has since suffered 17 separate earthquakes

To put it in context, the highest recorded event was 0.8 on the 26/10

Under 2.0 almost nobody would feel it.

Under 1.0 nobody can feel it.

Sponsored Links
Back