Free / Cheap Drawing Package

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the early stage of considering an extension and would like to download a basic tool to test some initial room layout ideas.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Powerpoint.... ;)

No really! If what you want is a room sized box with chair and table and window and door sized boxes with the same scale, powerpoint will do it

Draftsight used to be free and is a proper cad program. Now its £99 per year.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look.

In the meantime I came across 'Sweet Home 3D' , easy to install and I've knocked up a quick sketch of my bungalow and first draft of a possible extension in an hour or so.

I used Sweet Home 3D (which is free) - it is an interior design tool, so no good for roofs etc. but helped me plan and design my extension.

What is handy is you can upload a house plan - I had the estate agent one. Then draw over this.

This is the plan I made. It was really useful being an interior design tool as I placed all existing furniture with correct sizes to help decide size of rooms - if it wasn't for this I would not have had a place for our corner cabinet!

Sweet-Home-3D-plan-kitchen-diner-and-lounge-e1524604257769.png

the before, based on estate agent plan

exisitng-floor-plan-ground-floor-and-garage-e1523464852543.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back