Free standing washing machine in place of a Integrated machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Integrated washing machine which is a pain with the door rattling whether its open or closed.

Tried re-balancing the machine on its feet by using the feeler gauge effect to ensure all 4 pads are firmly on the floor. The machine is 4 years old.

My question, could I fit a Free standing machine in its place knowing a door can't be fitted.

Sponsored Links
Possibly, you may have to remove side panels if current machine fits in side a 600mm unit, as free standing machine will need 600mm.

Thanks,
By doing that, wouldn't that weaken the stability of the machine causing it to flex.

I wander if there is enough weight in the counter balance block in the machine ??, its a Beko.

The previous machine a Zanussi being a free standing before our kitchen was changed, was quite stable in its self and that had huge blocks in it.

Sponsored Links
My question, could I fit a Free standing machine in its place knowing a door can't be fitted

Of course it's possible that the hinges just need checking for tightness, but assuming they're okay, then you'd remove the door, and the lower front panel, and then any side panels that make up the carcase, and as long as the kitchen floor goes under the unit, you should be able to just slide the new washing machine in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back