Integrated Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Any tips on how to fit an integrated washing machine?
It needs to be raised by 40mm. I've got it placed on a square piece of worktop at the mo, but it moves around a lot.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you fix the worktop to the floor it should not move around any more than it would on a solid floor. If it does check the levels & if ok you may have a problem with the washer. Is it brand new? Have you removed the shipping bolts?

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have removed the shipping bolts!
I'll try fixing it to the floor and see how we get on.
Cheers

40mm seems quite a lot, have you adjusted the legs on the appliance?
When appliance is fitted to right height, the underside of the appliance will then screw in to the worktop.

Sponsored Links
How would you get into a washer to screw it to the work top when it is in situ? Or if you mean jacking it up on the height adjusters, wouldn't that make leveling difficult & transmit vibrations to work top & thus the surrounding cupboards etc.. Not being critical, just never seen that done before.

Many integrated appliances have provision for fixing up into the underside of the worktop...on dishwashers for example, when the door is opened you can see the fixing holes for the screws. There's often a heat / moisture repellent strip supplied too.
In Emma's case, if there isn't enough jacking facility on the legs, a couple of battens are used to slide the machine into place.
John :)

How would you get into a washer to screw it to the work top when it is in situ? Or if you mean jacking it up on the height adjusters, wouldn't that make leveling difficult & transmit vibrations to work top & thus the surrounding cupboards etc.. Not being critical, just never seen that done before.

As mentioned by Burnerman some of these appliance allow to adjust the height and fix to worktop.

The make/model has not yet been offered by the OP and not sure if this is a new machine or not?
I do hope the OP has gone through the trouble to read the installation instruction that should be with the machine.

PS no offence taken, we are all hear trying to help and could well have different means of curing problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back