Freed doctor 'can quit Australia'

Im all for that mate just as long as we still standby our principles and don't bow down to terrorists and dicatorships. My concern is that this is not conventional warfare but one of underhand and horrific actions how can you reason with someone who is convincede by taking their own life and killing innocent people they are performoing a serivce to thier religion and will be rewarded for it .

Sponsored Links
lvsystems said:
Im all for that mate just as long as we still standby our principles and don't bow down to terrorists and dicatorships. My concern is that this is not conventional warfare but one of underhand and horrific actions how can you reason with someone who is convincede by taking their own life and killing innocent people they are performoing a serivce to thier religion and will be rewarded for it .
of course the terrorism on our land has to stop and there will still be those bent on disrupting the peace process but what we do here is not affecting others as is the case at the moment.
Those that take their lives to kill others have motives for doing what they do, we need to understand those motives and try to take the hatred away.
Not an easy task I agree but almost an impossible task as long as we have soldiers killing their loved ones . We must look like terrorists to them over there.

Maybe they feel like that and I see your point that is why we need to be seen as a peace keeping force and not a mercenary one. Given the support of the UN and the like we would achieve.

Sponsored Links
lvsystems said:
Maybe they feel like that and I see your point that is why we need to be seen as a peace keeping force and not a mercenary one. Given the support of the UN and the like we would achieve.
There were news stories early on where british soldiers were seen giving out sweets and treats to the children there, now whether that was a staged event i'm not sure but showing that they are there to aid rather than kill is a good thing, the thing is though, that belief has been somewhat diminished with events happening and the nice british soldier has turned into the infidel monster in their eyes so whilst we occupy their land I can't see things reverting back to how it was, better we make a more public and widely announced intention that we are not willing to take sides anymore but want to help to make amends for what has happened before.
The bigger man is one that eats humble pie in my opinion, especially when dealing with those that are headstrong.

Back