Freelander comletely dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst changing the battery on my Landy TD4 I accidentally shorted across the terminals. On reconnecting the battery, I now get nothing, no power to any circuit at all except a battery indicator light on the dash! Something pretty fundamental for all the circuits to be dead; I have checked all the fuse links & all are OK? Anyone help with ideas? Am I missing something basic?

I’m now in panic mode as it’s due to be Part exchanged for a new car on Thursday!

Sponsored Links
I don't envy your task, but I would start with a test lamp and probe and try to determine whats live, and whats not, I hope its a fusible link you have missed somewhere, failing that worst case scenario ECU fried, or possibly a relay?

Wotan

Thanks for the quick response wotan problem now solved. It always pays to walk away & have a break when you can’t see the wood for the trees, I was having a blonde moment & missed the bleedin obvious as it was nothing more than a faulty earth lead on the body terminal :rolleyes: . The short circuit when dissing the battery just made me panic as I also thought I'd fried the ECU! :eek:

Thanks again. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back