Freesat from sky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody have Freesat, the sky version not the bbc/itv one?

We are paying alot of money for the full sky package and find that these days we really dont use it. We were thinking about getting the freesat from sky option which means we have to pay a one off 25 quid for a viewing card and thats it.

just wondering if it is any good

Sponsored Links
Does anybody have Freesat, the sky version not the bbc/itv one?

We are paying alot of money for the full sky package and find that these days we really dont use it. We were thinking about getting the freesat from sky option which means we have to pay a one off 25 quid for a viewing card and thats it.

You get the channels listed here. note the small print: For security reasons Viewing Cards may be inactivated from time to time. In this situation, if you wish to continue to receive all the encrypted Free to View channels, you will have to purchase a new viewing card at our then applicable standard charge.

I have freesat tv but not sky or bbc, just bought my own box and dish loads of channels

Sponsored Links
thats one of my reasons for looking at sky freesat, as i already have the sky equipment and would not require the box or installation. If i went freesat i would need to buy another box

If you have a card already you don't need to buy another. The existing card will just revert back to a freesat card when you cancel your sky contract.

I've got Sky but my TV also has a Freesat decoder built in. We have a quad LNB on the dish...

QuatroLNBJ44N.jpg

I ran a third line (Sky+ requires 2 lines from the LNB), and plugged it into the Freesat decoder of the TV. The Freesat works flawlessly and you get a couple of HD channels for nowt (only any good if you have a HD TV though).

its the same as freeview.. but with different channels... look to see what you want to watch.....

but it has s4c for the educated... :D

Does anybody have Freesat,

Its absolutely rubbish IMHO.

The channels are not worh watching and I have just taken mine out and am having a cable package. I have found that the free channels from cable are much better whereas with the freesat box you had to scroll through loads of scrambled channels to get one that works! :rolleyes:

You will regret it if you have it installed! :eek:

Does anybody have Freesat,

Its absolutely rubbish IMHO.

The channels are not worh watching and I have just taken mine out and am having a cable package. I have found that the free channels from cable are much better whereas with the freesat box you had to scroll through loads of scrambled channels to get one that works! :rolleyes:

You will regret it if you have it installed! :eek:

you never set it up right

Sponsored Links
Back