Freestanding bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Bath is a Donatello freestanding. It is literally all in one bath, sides wrap all way round and under the bath completely. No separate panel for access under bath.
There are four adjustable feet to level bath but I cannot figure if its possible to screw the feet down to floor, there is simply no access at all when bath is sat on floor.

Has anyone had experience with installation of this type of bath?

Sponsored Links
Yes... and ... no !

Any one daft enough to lean or sit on edge of bath and it moves!

I installed one once, and I swear if anybody ever asks me to install one of these ridiculous contraptions ever again you won't see my van for dust :evil: I think we ended up faffing around with bits of batten on the floor to act as stays for it, can't remember whether they touched the edge of the panel or went around the feet now, think we tried both methods at some stage

Sponsored Links
Why do people buy garbage like this and then have no idea how theyre fitted. They expect the poor old Plumber to sort it, and woe betide any mistakes. Personally sick to death of this crap.

We fitted one like this the other day,

Did it not come with instructions? Ours did.

It was a bit of a pain, but with carefull thinking it wasnt as hard as I thought.

Does the weight of the bath not hold it in place??
Err ,no :LOL: you`re thinking of a 1930`s deco bath that weighed half a ton and was installed by a gang of men onto a specially prepared area - and they all earned 1/3d a day each :LOL: This and it`s ilk come from the Yuk Fu factory in China ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back