Freestanding Bath - Twist Pop Up Plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time post.

We have a freestanding bath with a pop-up plug where you twist a dial on the inside edge of the bath to open and close the plug. I think the dial is connected to the plug by a cable (pic 2), similar to a bike brake cable, rather than a direct lever or push-rod. This has stopped working and seems to be jammed.

The bath is freestanding and is surrounded by a plastic (acrylic?) panel that completely surrounds the bath on all sides and seems to be a single piece (pic 3).

I cannot for the life of me work out how to access the waste/pop-up mechanism without either breaking the panel and replacing with a new one, or undoing all the plumbing and lifting the bath out whole. Am I missing something?

Shout if more detail or pics help explain.

(The bath was here when we moved in so not sure of manufacturer/ fitter)

Thanks.
IMG_20210610_154541026.jpg

IMG_20210610_154607384.jpg

IMG_20210610_154518192.jpg

Sponsored Links
Freestanding bath, it will probably need lifted as you may find the panel is integral to the bath.

The bath feeds should be on long flexi's and normally the waste/trap connection is too, so you should be able to lift the bath at one edge and have a look under to see what you need to disconnect to get to the mechanism.

Good man! Just needed the confidence to know the bath could be lifted without dislodging pipework/my back.

Fixed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back