Freestanding oven on kitchen peninsula

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at a small project to open a kitchen up.

At present there is a free-standing cooker with hob against the (non-structural) wall that divides the two rooms. It is in the middle of a run of base units.

I would like to knock the wall down to have a ‘peninsula’ effect, with the cooker dividing the cooking space and the dining space. Looking to keep the cooker in place. I have seen this arrangement before where a hob is built-in to a peninsula & a ceiling-mounted extractor is required. Apart from the need to make a backing board to hide the gubbins at the back of the cooker is there any reason why this couldn’t be done or do I need to remove the cooker, add 2 base units with integrated ovens, put a hob into the worktop etc... this will be a lot more money and will require me to find a matching worktop etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back